Photo from the summit of Cotopaxi, the second highest active volcano in the world!
I fundraised $12,000 for a 4 month long, highschool semester in Ecuador with an organization called Kroka!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Film and Music

Hola a todos,
Less than a month 'till I leave for Kroka!!!!

First of all, here is a little bit of music for you guys:
5/04

The first is a orchestral type composition and the second is an improvisation that I did with my brother who plays fiddle.  He is becoming quite the musician and is a great improv companion.
1) Unnamed (cello orchestra)
2) Rain on the Water (improv with my brother, Willy)

Now the News

Played at Lincolnville Church
Last Sunday I performed during a service at the Lincollnville Church. The congregation was great, nearly every person who attended church that day came up to me at the end to express their gratitude for my playing and talk to me about my trip. I sold lots of CD's and got numerous, generous donations for my trip.  Thank you so much!

Acted at Maine Media
On Monday (25th) I was down at the Maine Media film school acting in a student film.  This is the first year in a while that I haven't been in a play so it was great to have a chance to act.  It was also great to check out the Maine Media Young Filmmaker's program (which is the whole reason I signed up to be an actor).  I tried to apply for full scholarship this year but didn't get it.  Maybe next year I will be able to raise the money to go.  $2000 is a little less daunting after trying to raise $12,000.

Adios,
Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment