Photo from the summit of Cotopaxi, the second highest active volcano in the world!
I fundraised $12,000 for a 4 month long, highschool semester in Ecuador with an organization called Kroka!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Call from Kroka

Hello all!
I hope everyone had a nice Christmas.
My brothers and I were sick for the past week.  It was nice to have a quiet week for a change.
2011 is coming up.  I am going to be playing in New Years by the Bay at the Library at 6 and 8.  Hila was going to play the fiddle while I accompanied on the piano but she is sick and wont be well enough in time.  I am disappointed that Hila and I wont be performing together but I am also excited because this will be my biggest public performance as a soloist.  I'm going to be performing all my own compositions and nearly all will be improvisations.

I got the call from Kroka and talked for about a half an hour with Lisl Hofer who is the Semester Director for Kroka.  She asked a lot of questions about how I act in social situations and what my strengths are when I'm in a group or around difficult people.  They were hard questions and it was hard to think of examples but it went well and by the end she said that I was (unofficially) excepted.  I will have to visit their farm in New Hampshire sometime within the next month so that we can meet.  Lisl also said that if I come in January then I can meet the group of kids preparing to go on the Vermont Semester (a five month, 600 mile ski and canoe trip).
The questions about character and personality are a good sign because it means that they are really being careful to get a good group of kids together for this 4 month trip.  People with good group qualities that will help make the trip even more fun and rewarding.


Places I am selling my cards:
  Waterfall Arts (the sale is ending Dec. 31st)
  The Parent Gallery
  The Belfast Co-op (they are being sold individually)
  Community Chiropractics

This seems like enough for today's post so I'm going to leave it at that.
Merry Christmas,
Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment