Photo from the summit of Cotopaxi, the second highest active volcano in the world!
I fundraised $12,000 for a 4 month long, highschool semester in Ecuador with an organization called Kroka!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Spanish

Buenas Tardes!

I am learning Spanish this year in preparation for Kroka and I'm really enjoying it.  I learned some Spanish last year but my incentive to learn a language was to get high school credit.  Now I am finding it so much easier and more fun because it is my own passion fueling the lessons and not simply another boring academic that I have to do (though, I still found it fun even then).
I have been doing Rosetta Stone for a few weeks and am listening to the audio of a program called Primsleur.  It's nice having two different teaching styles.  Rosetta Stone teaches through pictures and has no translations.  Primsleur teaches through conversations between characters with lots of translation.  I like both programs and they really back each other up nicely.
I am also taking an Adult Ed. Spanish class on Thursdays with my dad.
Hablo Espanol un poco!

Adios,
Claytonio

No comments:

Post a Comment